Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17 @8:30am Mountain Time:

It is with heavy hearts that we must inform you of the passing of our darling daughter, Alie.  Her final days were fairly peaceful, sleeping much of the time but also able to watch some of the Winter Olympics and enjoy her favorite event, figure skating.  Her final moments were peaceful with both parents by her bedside.
 We have all been preparing for this day for the past several weeks, knowing it was coming far faster than we hoped.  From the moment in December when the news came of her terminal illness, Alie has continually amazed us with her positive attitude and limitless spirit. We have all learned from her selfless approach to life, her giving nature, and her passion for the possibilities that life hold for all of us  She was so thankful for all of the outreach shown to her by her friends and family and we share in that gratitude.  Unfortunately she was just too weak to be able to answer all of your texts, emails, and posts on various websites. You all have been simply amazing in your support: visits from family and friends from out-of-state and even out-of-country; expressions of love on Facebook, Deviant Art, and Tumblr; gifts arriving in the mail nearly every day…all of it has been simply amazing.  You have all truly inspired us and made Alie’s final journey so much easier.
 We do ask that people not send flowers or gifts to our house.  Please, if you are so inclined, feel free to make a monetary donation in Alie’s name to The American Cancer Societyhttp://www.cancer.org/
  
 Alicia had a message she wanted to pass on to her internet friends:

To my Internet Friends:
Can I ever explain how much you guys mean to me?  Nope.  Not even going to try.  You have all done so much for me!  Supporting my writing, my art, and me when times get rough.  You are all so beyond amazing and I’m one of the luckiest girls in the world simply because I get to share so many wonderful things with you all.
And of course some of you mean so much more than that…you know who you are.  I’d planned on writing you all your own notes but if this is my end I’d hate to leave you with nothing. You deserve all the hugs and love that I can possible manage to get to you.  I’m not making a list; I’d hate for anyone to feel hurt or left out simply because my brain is a little loopy, lol. But believe me, if you’re on my list of close internet friends, you know it.  You guys have been my world for years now, shaping it in a way that people in the real world couldn’t.  You touched my heart and soul and helped me discover who I am.  I owe you so much and love you even more <3.
Huh…still feeling odd and loopy…I took one of those anxiety pill thingies.  Don’t really know what to do now though.  I admit I’m mostly just feeling tired which isn’t a new feeling these days.  But I’m suddenly a little scared that if I let myself go back to sleep…I might not wake up again…
Well, it’s scary but it’s alright. In a weird way, this fits.  I’ve never really settled on a future.  My dreams were always flicking around, never picking a solid choice to just stick with.  And I’ve been given the chance to travel and see the world already.  How many girls my age can claim that?
I have been so lucky and in so many ways.  I’m ready for this, if this is it.  Please, no one worry about me, alright?  Focus on yourself and the people you love.  Don’t be silly and stop taking care of yourselves.
Leaving behind all of my love,

Alie

3 comments:

  1. Rest In Peace Alie!!! What a wonderful friend and inspiration you will always be to our daughter Rachel. Your in the Hands of Our Lord and Savior now. And to your parents, I can not imagine what you are going thru at this sad time. May God Bless you and hold your family tightly in his arms to help ease your sadness....
    Al Myers

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you today. I will always remember your daughter as a sweet and funny classmate at UCCS. Alie had a big heart; she was warm, cheerful, and friendly and I know that she will be greatly missed, because she managed to touch the lives of so many in her much, much too short time with us. It is my great pleasure to have known her. I wish you much love, and peace in your heart at this difficult time. Regards and condolences, Angie Knipe... Rest in Peace Alie.

    ReplyDelete