Sunday, January 19, 2014

Frozen and Haunted Houses and Ooooozing

Obviously today has been a little nuts, rofl. I didn't sleep a ton, but I did really sleep. It wasn't a doze or a nap, it felt like real proper seep and it was amazing! I think it helped that I lowered the head of my bed down lower than normal and raised up the feet all the way instead. It felt a little upside down, but my head felt more horizontal. Which is nicer for sleeping of course XD I woke up, doodled some stuff and tumblr'd a bit, dozed some more...I ended up getting up around 9 or 10 I think it was?

Took a shower with the help of my mother. It's a little weird still, but we're finding a rhythm. She washes my hair while I sit in the shower chair, covering my various stomach bandages with a towel so they won't get wet, lol. And then I rinse wash and rinse one limb at a time, still avoiding bandages, but feeling wonderfully scrubbed afterwards ^^ After that I just wrapped up in a robe on the upstairs landing with my laptop, doodling for a while and listening to music...

My parents took my aunt and uncle out to Chedder's for lunch. I had to assure my mom that it was perfectly alright that they go without me...about a zillion times. She worries so much, but I think it was good for her to go out and do something without having me in tow, lol. Also, they all brought back little snippets of their meal so I can try everything ^^

When they got home, I got myself dressed pretty quick and we all took off for the theater. We went to see Frozen XD It was my 4th time seeing it, my mom's third, and the second time for Brian and my dad. First time for my aunt and uncle, but my aunt seriously seemed to fall in love with it. She said it might be the new best Disney movie ever. I can't blame her! And now she understands better why i'm so obsessed with it XD I got to have popcorn! Well not really, I would suck on it and spit it out, but considering I haven't been able to eat popcorn for years anyways, it was reeeally a wonderful change, lol.

After that, myself, mom and auntie sharon took a field trip to the basement to my old room. Most of my old stuff is in there still, and we were going through a few things for me to take upstairs with me. It's been hard to do it until now, cuz we have to have a time when I have both the energy to get all the way down there and colin has to be away or busy so we won't get in his way as it's his room now, lol.

I found a few t-shirts that still fit my new shape, gathered up tanks that support me the way my skin needs is now...picked a few knicknacks to bring up for atmosphere, my calendar, and a few more books that are just sorta too precious to leave downstairs, even if I don't get a chance to read them. I love them so much, I just need them in the room XD I also found a box of story notebooks and sketchbooks and am thinking of sending them to people... unfinished crappy stuff, notes for stories that'll never be finished... some people wouldn't care, but I think a few people might like them. They're more for sentiment than anything, but maybe entertaining too, lol. At least at the messy terribleness of them all XD

After that we headed upstairs again, I got to take a bite (and sit out) of a really really amazing slice of pizza. YUM I need more of that tomorrow i think lol.

Then we played a round of Betrayal of Haunted House on the Hill with the aunt and uncle. It was...well, a bit of a disaster. It's not the simplest of games to figure out, so people were confused more than having fun. Really makes it hard to enjoy the game when people don't know what's going on >.< It was incredibly frustrating, and I'm really getting sick of the game. Played it too many times now, and it always seems to end up being work or frustrating or confusing...

And my night isn't ending pleasently. The tube from my stomach is starting to ooze. Not pleasantly. Not badly, it doesn't look infected or anything, but we managed to hold off the oozing for days, so it's frustrating that it's starting now. Also, the cut up the middle of my stomach seemed to be doing so well...but tonight, it oozed a bit through the steri strips and it looks like it's pulling wider at the bottom. I dunno if it's that I ate too much today or if it's fluid build up again or what? But i'm feeling a bit like an over tight balloon and now it's starting to make the other wounds do bad things so i'm a little nervous and frustrated with it all... I've never had surgery before this, I know that they do things like take ages to heal and that they ooze and don't look pretty and hurt and that you have to be really careful...but it still scares me more than I like to admit. Even now I just kinda keep tearing up because I'm nervous to move in my own bed, not wanting to make anything worse >.<

So I'm just staying put, trying to stay calm, trying not to cry (because that hurts and I don't wanna pull anything anymore), and going to wrap up this entry so that I can just watch HIMYM and try and fall asleep while the sleeping pill kicks in...

A hospice nurse is gonna come by tomorrow. It's not Melissa, my usual nurse, so I'm feeling a little nervous about it. But I'm going to have whoever it is look at the bandages and the cuts and see if what's happening is alright or not. I really really hope it's alright. Or maybe that there's something they can do to make it better? Close up the cut a little? Maybe a cream that'll help the tube a bit? Something magical to mak me feel better about it so I don't flinch at every little touch when my mom is trying so hard to be gentle when she's cleaning them. I hate making her worry or feel bad, cuz we both know it needs to be done. I just get so nervous when anyone gets near the spots >.<

Ugh...I need more of that pizza. I'm gonna text brian and beg him to bring me a slice and a cup, I need to emotionally eat without actually eating anything I think ^^; I need to relax and calm down my brain and...just not think. Not thinking right now would be good! I'm so sick of thinking...

And that trailed into something longer than planned, my apologies! I'm gonna go execute those plans and head to sleep, night all!
~Alie

6 comments:

  1. Ugh! Being sick is sooo stressful, physically and emotionally. Hang in there. But allow yourself to fall apart a little, too, if you need to. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsa is probably my favorite Disney princess ever. She and Meg are the only two I've ever been able to relate to.

    As far as everything else goes, definitely allow yourself to fall apart a little if you need to. You've done so well to hold up so well this far, and it's okay to need a little support right now. Hopefully the hospice nurse can figure out something to help with the tube and cut, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't be afraid to let loose :) it's ok to cry :) as Elsa says, Let it Go!

    *let it gooooooooo!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I just found about your heartbreaking and warming story and if it makes you feel better I feel for you and have to admit that your one brave and optimistic woman:)Try becoming a muslim so you can go to heaven and get everything you want :)
    We believe in God and Jesus peace be upon him too.
    Sorry if I bothered you I just want you to be happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also I heard that sometimes miracles happen when you do good things:)
    Theres a story I heard of a woman that had cancer and was told tht she would die soon
    She had a live in maid who helped her out at home
    The maid was from a poor family and a foreign country and was struggling to keep her and her sick son alive
    uponlearning this the sick woman gave the maid a few years worth salary and told her to not come to work until things were well again
    after a few weeks the lady went to the hospital so they could check up on her health
    and miraculously the doctors found that what had been a last stage cancer started healing spontaneously:)
    Not saying that this happens all the time but maybe when you try and wish hard enough for a good reason it works out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alie----I am Rachel's Dad. We've never met, but you have visited our home before. I have to tell you that I think you are one of the bravest people I know. Rachel speaks highly of you and I can tell you, she loves you like a sister. You have made a great impression upon her and I just want to Thank You for being a part of her life. Your an amazing person. You also need to know that your in my prayers. Thank You for being you and a friend to our daughter.
    Al Myers

    ReplyDelete